How can I get my daughter to take naps in her crib instead of in my arms?

My daughter is five months old. She currently takes two 45 minute naps a day, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Ever since she was about two months old, she's napped in my arms because that was the only way we could get her to even take one in the first place. I don't mind it THAT much, but it would be nice to be able to get a little housework done while she's napping, yanno? Or possibly lay down for five minutes myself.

She's fussed it out a few times, but I always end up giving up and putting her back in my arms. Has anyone had to deal with this, and is there any way to get her into her crib?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:38 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was going to suggest swaddling, but that would have been a better suggestion at 2, not at 5 months. Is she rolling over yet? At about 6 months my daughter who would only sleep swaddled (again, otherwise it would have had to be in my arms), was rolling over so I started putting her to sleep unswaddled on her tummy. But I wouldn't suggest this until she can roll on her own.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:51 AM on May. 31, 2009

• When my daughter was that small I would do housework with her in a front carrier; she would even sleep while I vacuumed.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yeah, she sleeps on her tummy anyway. She's been rolling over for about a month and a half now. I actually just got her to sleep in her crib, yay! Hahaha. Maybe I could just try the whole putting her down when she's tired thing? It's just hard to hear her fuss for a little bit, but I never let her cry it out.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Lemme know when you find out...my DD is 9 months and still takes the best naps in daddys arms...usually I can lay her on our bed and she takes a pretty good nap
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:44 PM on May. 31, 2009