Mama's girl

My daughter and I have a very special bond that I love. The only problem is she is starting to be fussy even for her dad unless she can see me or be in my arms. I'm trying not to hold her non-stop on my days off but it can be hard sometimes, she is my world. Any ideas?

Could it be from nursing that made our connection so strong in addition to only working part-time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest daughter has always (now 24) been a "Mommy's Girl". Her father would say..."You have that child so spoiled to you that no one else can be around her" Not true, she was and still is a delight...we have always have had a wonderful bond and I would not trade it for anything nor would i ever do anything to jeopardize it eighter. She went to pre-school, with out crying...thru school and now college....she just didnt like him...he was a mean alcoholic she didnt like him or his smell...shes still a great judge of people....LOL!
    She is the most incredible wonderful person in the world. I love and respect her. She is beautiful, smart, ambitious and very picky about the men/man in her life....Thank you God for "MY" gift.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 31, 2009

• This is normal; you are her primary care giver and she is used to her comforting her. the day will come when she will only want daddy...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 AM on May. 31, 2009

• im a nursing mother also,it realy does make the bond strong! but my little one got over wanting me to hold her after about 3 weeks after i went back to work.i always sit on the floor when im home so i dont have to hold her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:49 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Totally normal.... they go through phases, too. My daughter's approaching 9 months and now she'll be fine with my husband or her grandparents until the moment she sees, me, and then "Waaaahhhhhh!" until she's back in my arms again. I just checked my baby journal for our first daughter and she was the same way at the same age.... she's totally a daddy's girl now.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• enjoy it! my dd is almost 3 & most the time she'd rather have her daddy or my mom lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:22 AM on May. 31, 2009