• In the Spotlight:

It hurts when I walk..is this normal??

I am 24 weeks pregnant and I have been having pain in my groin. Especially when I walk. There is alot of pressure down there. Even when I am driving, it hurts when I lift my leg to put on the brake. The best way to explain the feeling is a charlie horse in between my legs. It has been going on for about 2 weeks and has gone from being annoying to pretty painful.
Has this happened to anyone else, or do you know what it is?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 9:58 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately it is normal, but since you are still early in your pregnancy, you should set an appt. with your OB just to be on the safe side. Good Luck!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:01 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes its normal. I cant drive because it hurts to bad. Im going to go to my doctor in about another week and ask him to give me something for the pain. I have been dealing with it for over a month now and tylenol dosnt do anything to help the pain. Hope you feel better soon. =)

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:03 AM on May. 31, 2009

• You might want to see your ob if it hurts that bad, but for the most part, yeah, that's normal. (*sigh*) yay, pregnancy, right?!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I'm going through this right now, too. I'm 31 weeks along. You can do exercises that help to strengthen your muscles or simply walk as much as you can. I don't know if it's the same for you, but my legs/pelvic floor hurt more when I sit & lay down for too long. One thing I've found that helps is to get a small exercise ball, about half the size of a basketball. Sit, cross-legged, on top of it. Have the ball positioned on your 'taint' (I know, it sounds weird, but I swear it works!) Stay on the ball as long as you can. Once you stand up, the pressure is relieved. I sometimes have to do this every 15 minutes when the pain's too much. Good luck!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 10:26 AM on May. 31, 2009