Anyone know how to make chicken breasts juicier?

I saw a commercial that had really juicy chicken breast fillets on it...now I want some, LOL! Is there a specific way to cook them to make them less dry and more juicy?

(Juicy is a weird word.)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:08 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think it's how long you cook them for. Lol, I get so scared cooking meat that I always overcook it!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• first- brine them in a salt-sugar water over night (24 hours) then DO NOT OVER COOK!!!!!!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:10 AM on May. 31, 2009

• ok, I didn't ask this question, but I am going to horn in. Hope you don't mind. :)

chefjen, how do you do the salt-sugar water? I tried that once, and ended up with chicken that was really, really salty, almost inedible. What ratio of salt, sugar and water do you use?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:25 AM on May. 31, 2009

• That's really interesting, I've never even heard of the salt sugar water thing :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:26 AM on May. 31, 2009

• A friend of mine puts a little bit of water in the bottom of the skillet when he cooks them and they are amazing! He told me that helps keep the misiture like if you were to boil them but browns them as if you were frying them. They turn out great! You could try that....Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:28 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I roast mine in my roaster at 350 for approximately 1 hr. Talk about juicy!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• marinate them over night in different sauces
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:06 AM on May. 31, 2009

• For really Juicy Fried Chicken, thaw Chx Breast, soak in buttermilk overnight and fry as usual.

For Really Juicy Grilled Chicken Breast, soak thawed chx breast in a container with a about a 1/3 C. of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2Tbsp of Olive Oil, seasoning to taste.(onion and garlic powder, little basil, etc..my favs.) Soak overnight and additional salt is not needed.  This makes perfect Chicken for company.

The Foreman has a tendency to dry out Chicken Breast.  The Grill is best.

mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:08 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I like chicken in the crock pot. If it's done right you can get really moist chicken :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• For me it has always depended on what brand of chicken I get. I think that has to do with how much additives, etc were in the chicken. Try to buy all natural chicken. Out of fear of undercooking, I usually add a small bit of oil to the pan, get it really hot, sear the chicken on both sides, then add a little bit of water (the oil is usually gone by this time), and put the heat to med-low. Cover the pan and let it cook for an hour (depending on how thick the breast is). As long as it is no longer pink in the middle, it is done, and I have learned that the longer you let it cook on a low heat, the jucier it is :)
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 11:37 AM on May. 31, 2009