Its driving me crazy!

I cant figure out how to put the carseat base in the car!! I was sitting in the car all day yesterday trying to figure it out. I put it in right but its not suposed to move but it does so i would do it all over agian. Am i the only one having this trouble? I just want to take the stupid thing out and burn it! haha

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 10:11 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh man, I feel your pain...it gets worse when you try to get the big carseat in there. I finally gave up and went to the local fire dept to ask them to install it. Good luck!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:14 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Your local police or fire department can show you the proper way to install it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Buckle it in, and practically sit on it while you tighten it. If you are using the seatbelt the seat should have a handy clip somewhere on the back of it to stop the belt from sliding. Your weight on the seat (I have my oldest child sit on mine when I have to redo them) is much more than the infant, and it won't move past limits. I don't know how to use the latch system....not blessed with a vehicle so new.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:16 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes you can go to your police department and they will show you and help you install it. Believe me, more people than you know do this. When i took mine there...they actually told me to get a pool noodle(you know the ones you float on) and to cut it the width of the car seat and place it in the crease of the seat in the car and then to place the car seat on it......and then sit on it and pull really hard. this is to get a better tight fit. I dont know....it worked for us! Good luck. Dont get frustrated!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 10:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It will move some... the part where the seat belt or latch belt goes though near the seat... that is the part that should move no more than an inch... you should press down on the base while pulling it tight to make it more secure. The back of the base WILL move and is made to move.
    If you are using a seat belt make sure you have locked the belts or are using the locking clip.
    Make sure you have read your manuel.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:39 AM on May. 31, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8xiMIINhA
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:35 PM on May. 31, 2009

• haha good ol' you tube!
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:51 PM on May. 31, 2009