WHY ARE THEY BEING SOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!

It's only day 2 of summer break and the last two days have been hell.

My boys are 8 and 5 and of course the baby but he doesn't know how to be bad yet so it's just the older two. It's starts off with them getting up at the butt crack of dawn 5 a.m. why they are doing this now and had a hard time getting up at 7 during school is beyond me. But from the time they have gotten up. yesterday and today has been fighting and screaming all day long. Yesterday I talked to them to see what the problem was, timed out, grounded to bedrooms, and finally when none of that worked I spanked. And that didn't even work. I thought they were bored so i sent them outside to ride their bikes and stuff but nope still fights over every little thing imagineable, Even a piece of paper! So i thought if I let them stay up a bit later than normal they would sleep a little longer. BOY WAs i WRONG. Day two they were both up at 5 CONTINUED

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 10:30 AM on May. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• granted they didn't start fighting right away but it didn't take long. They didn't even make it late enough to go outside and play. I told them that they had to pick up their rooms if they wanted to go outside (they werent even all that messy). It would have only taken 5 minutes. My oldest mostly has his room done. But he started out helping his little brother pick up in his room but my middle child wasn't having it and was throwing a fit because he wanted to play. So I seperated them and now the 5 year old says he cant do it without help and is throwing a temper tantrum and that for some reason makes my 8 year old think it is okay to yell shut up at the top of his lungs over and over again after i have repeatedly told him to stop yelling and to ignore his brothers fit. It eventually took a spanking to get him to stop yelling shut up across the house while the baby is trying to take his morning freaking NAP!

WHY!

jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 10:31 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Get them a digital clock for them rooms. Tell them that they must stay in their rooms and read or play quietly until whatever time you tell them. Write out the time on a piece of paper so they learn to recognize it.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It must be something in the air...my daughter is 5 my son 8...they have been gettin up at the butt crack of dawn and fighting over everything too !!! I had to break up a fight in the car yesterday over a leaf!!! They were fighting over whose leaf it was!!! Are you kidding me?!? I feel you!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:57 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My oldest turned 9 on Thursday the 28th , my youngest is 5 he will be 6 in sept. and I would love if they would sleep till 5 the last two days it's been 3 am. I even put them to bed at 11pm trying to see if they would sleep till at least 7 NO Luck.....Then to top it off They WILL NOT nap. They are also fighting over everything down to who got a teeny bit more juice in their identical cups and who got more spaghetti o's in their identical bowls. Good grief if they keep this up all summer I don't know if I will have the strength to home school next year I'll be wiped out... Let's home this is a temporary phase and it's a cool coincidence it's mainly affecting kids 3 -4 years apart.
    Momma energy and patience wishes to all
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 12:51 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Send them to summer camp so they won't be at home in your hair all the time.
    Anonymous

• Hopefully it's just the excitment of summer and it will soon wear off. My weekends are like that all year long. I'm dreading summer. Dd still has 10 more days of school...yay!!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:24 PM on May. 31, 2009