Does anyone know any legitimate work at home sites so I can work from home?

I am in remission from cancer and would like to work from home. I have acquired some outstanding medical bills and would like to get in with a site that does not cost an arm & a leg, but can provide me with a legitimate means of making money while I heal at home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a couple of thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 AM on May. 31, 2009

• My friend at work was doing some customer service type work from this site called Westathome.com. I briefly checked it out. You fill out the application and they supposably place you with different companies. She was working for Direct TV. Maybe you can check that out. It's a real job, not a "home business"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain great resources, information and links.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You can work online like I do. It's free and easy. http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 5:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• http://realfreelegit.webs.com/

REAL! LEGIT! FREE! I work when I want and how long I want. I even get paid EVERYDAY!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:21 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You need to decide if you want a "job" or your own Business. Difference obviously is you either work for someone or YOURSELF!! I work with the Nations Largest Health Benefits company, Ameriplan. We are paid daily, recieve benefits for our entire household, get paid over and over for something we do once and we get to work when we want to not when someone tells us to!!!!! It's an awesome feeling :)
    www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 8:55 PM on May. 31, 2009

• First of all, congrats on your cancer remission, that is great news! I am a Registerd Nurse by profession and I know of all of the ups and down's of the cancer cycle. I know that there are probably going to be a ton of responses to your post, but my Work At Home United team has several cancer survivors, and we would love to have more, to help educate others to decrease or prevent future cases of cancer in families accross the nation. We are not a direct sales company, or a multi-level marketing company, we benefit generously every month, have free websites, training and a ton of support by other successful moms and dads. Good luck with your ventures, and hope that you take the time to see how we can help you. www.enriched1.com
    amynic

Answer by amynic at 9:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• BBB "A+" rated company for outstanding dealings with their customers and associates.

Work at home...and spend more time with your children!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:52 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Well i dont have a get rich quick thing going, but i do read emails from a website called hits4pay.com they pay you to read emails...on a certin day of every month they will pay you to your paypal account. You have to reach $25.00 if you dont have it, it carries over to the next month until you do. They dont charge you to do it, and all you have to do is click on the email (from your page on their site) and wait for it to say that it credits you account, you dont even have to read them! If you go to this page and sing up you can get an automatic $10.00 credited to you account! Its worth checking out! If you online anyways you can click to view and do other things while you wait! Check it out! http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?kdhundley

I also do inboxdollars.com they do the same thing only they send the emails to your email address, you click that you read it and you get paid. Its not much but it adds up!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Congratulations on your remission, and good health for your future. I work at home, but it is my own business. You can take a look at my website and see if it might be something you would be interested in. I'd be happy to answer any questions. www.freedomathometeam.com/sclark
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 1:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009