WORK***I have a nasty unfaif boss-He targets me!!Any similar stories?

I live in Fla. Have a boss who trys to pick all the time,I am an honest hard worker, I am his Target. Has anyone else ever worked for someone like this,There are no other jobs-I keep looking! My nerves are SHOT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, unfortunately girl, I did have this problem as well. The only thing is, I acted on it, and lost my marriage, a husband of many years. I was young, naive and innocent to the real ways of the world. But I am not now. Get out of there. Anything is better than what you are dealing with now. My daughter got out of a "looks great job" to take waitressing job and she loves it. There are better things out there, trust me. You don't need this crap in your life.
    Anonymous

• Have you spoken with your human resources department? Are you documenting every incident?
    You say that you are looking for another job, how are you structuring your job search? Do you have a great resume and cover letters? contact me directly for assistance.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I had one like that and you do need to talk to human resources. You need to let them know the whole situation and be strong, stick to your guns. Let them know you're being harassed and it needs to stop. I complained to my bosses boss, but not HR, and I ended up getting FIRED. By the time HR came to tell me that I had no job no one would listen to a word I had to say. Don't let that happen to you. Speak up and keep documentation of what's going on. At least I did that, I kept emails and schedules and documented everything being said for months before I got fired.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:51 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I have and I told him to shove it and left. lol I can't deal with people like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I had the same thing happen about a year ago. We don't have a Human Resources so I spoke to the regional manager then eventually to the frachise owner. No body would listen to me. I finally took it into my own hands and got her to quit. Wish you the best.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:40 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I have the same problem but it is my co-worker. She's constantly harassing me and tring to make me look bad to upper management. They think she is so overworked but the truth is that she sits on the phone all day and doesn't stay at her desk long enough to get anything done. She throws work on my desk because she doesn't want to do it or it isn't "her job". Then she'll point out that I didn't do something or told someone the wrong thing. She's a miserable old woman and has been at the same job for 20 years - she won't take any classes to advance or learn more, she refuses to lean basic computer programs but constantly complains that I'm trying to take her work (my title is 4 higher than hers). She has management convinced she is irreplacable. I went one step above them with my transfer request on Friday. Hopefully I'll be out of there soon. Best of luck to you!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:15 PM on May. 31, 2009