is it ok to paint a room while pregnant?

SharonHernandez

Asked by SharonHernandez at 10:58 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• eeeek, i didnt think it was ok...but i dont have a educated reason why. Im sure something to do with the fumes....
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 11:03 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It depends on the paint that you use.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it is ok, but I always used the "i'm pregnant" excuse just to get out of doing it and have my dh do it all. LOL
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:08 AM on May. 31, 2009

• i did it, jsut make sure u have paint that doesnt have a lot of fumes, and u are doing a ventilated room. also stay off the ladders...have someone help u with that part
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:13 PM on May. 31, 2009

• As long as you use low oder paint it is definately ok. I did it last pregnancy. The paint at wally world is low oder.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:51 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Pick a low VOC paint and you should be fine. Be sure the room is well ventilated.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 2:16 PM on May. 31, 2009