My son is 10 months old and doesn't have any teeth! and doesn't even have any signs that he's getting any anytime soon. Should I be concerned?

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 11:34 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no you dont need to be concerned. Every child cuts their teeth at different ages. Be glad, its a miserable process...mine children always bite when they were teething...so if he starts bitting for no reason thats why...dont punish him, just bet him something to chew on...beside others...LOL! Also i heard the older they are and the longer it takes to cut their teeth the less you have to worry about him getting cavities...as long as they are inside his gums, they are protected....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 31, 2009

• No. Every kid gets teeth at a different rate. Some kids are born with a few teeth, I knew a gal whose baby didn't get teeth till he was almost 1 1/2! Eventually, teeth will come in.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:42 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Naw...no worries. My youngest DD didn't get her first tooth until she was 1. Her ped said babies can be born with all their teeth or not have them come in until after 1...but it will happen and no worries. He also told me that babies whose teeth come in later tend to have healthier teeth. (I think it has to do with the fact that the longer it takes for the baby teeth to come in, the later they will lose them.)
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My son got his first tooth around 12 months and now at 4 1/2 years old he has all his teeth..
    He's fine
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 1:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Don't worry. Enjoy the non-teething time while it lasts. My 9 month old has 7 teeth, 4 of which came in at the same time! Not fun..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:26 PM on May. 31, 2009