Boot camp?

my sweet heart is in Boot camp (Ft. Benning) the first two weeks i didnt have his address but i wrote to him anyway. As soon as i received his address i sent everything i had written, I decorated the letters with kisses and stickers and funnies, to help lighten his mood. The problem is after i sent him about 30 letters & all of them at one time, 3 days later i was buying stamps for more letters, the postman said he used to be stationed at Ft. Benning..30 years ago...he started laughing in my face, he was so rude...he said for every kiss, every sticker, every mark on that envelope thats not part of the addresses my sweet heart will have to run or do pushups...OMG! Im mortified! Im hurting now that i know im causing him pain. Of course i will never send him another letter decorated again! Do you know if the postman was just teasing me or if thats true...Is my sweetheart being punished for something ive done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• That depends on his drill sergents!! When my hubby was in boot camp they would do stuff like that sometimes. Its just another way for them to f*uck with them. I guess you'll find out soon!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:42 AM on May. 31, 2009

• :( honey dont decorate his envelopes, dont send him post cards, dont send him baked goods. he may be given a hard time about it but it wont be too bad.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:46 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Don't feel bad about it. All that "teasing" and pushups and running just makes him a stronger man on the inside and out. I'm sure he'll reply later and tell you all about it, and you all can laugh about it five years from now about how those stickers got him razzed at boot camp.

Yeah, he might be ticked but then again he might laugh about it later in the barracks with his buddies. I wouldn't stress too much over it. Even the mailman was laughing about it, so apparently he's been there too. It's part of the training.

And they all love mail call...ask any soldier who has been overseas or in training. It's one of the most looked forward to events of the day next to breakfast, lunch and dinner(which are the only three meals they get). And you don't know for sure if anything even happened. Like Jillybeans said, it depends on the drill sergeant how severe, if anything, his pushups/running were. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:52 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It has nothing to do with you, but, yeah he will be doing pushups or anything else they can think of just because they can.Just send regular letters, plain white envelopes and decorate your letter(not the envelope) to your hearts content.Don't worry, you are not the first to do that and you won't be the last, but, for his peace of mind, don't do it again.Hope that didn't sound rude.BTW, it really has nothing to do with him either, thats just the way drill sgts are.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• he's a big boy. he can handle it. It's not the decorations. It's the communication from you that triggers thoughts and feelings and loneliness. Are you hurting him? Ask him, not us.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't know about now, because things have changed in the last few years, but yeah that stuff is pretty much true. Don't feel bad about it. Trust me, knowing that you love him and you're thinking about him makes it worth it to be "smoked" over it. And they get used to doing pushups or running or flutter kicks or squats for everything. It's the universal way they punish them for screwing up. In fact, that's how we punish our 4 year old, she gets LOL, my husband recently went through recruting school and had to do a LOT of pushups for every swear word he said...

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:48 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My husband just left for basic two weeks ago and I don't have his address yet either. I am still writing him and will send him all the letters at once. My husband told me to not decorate the envelopes or fold up the letters in the shape of a heart of something because he would get teased. So instead I will just decorate the letter with little hearts and stuff or neat doodles. Also I will draw him a picture every now and then and send him cards even if those do get him push ups. Think about it. Would you rather be the guy doing push ups because you got a lovey dovey card or would you rather be the guy not getting a lovey dovey card at all? Yes try to keep things kind of mature but don't leave out the romance completely. Just no folding letters into hearts or decorating the outside of the letter or envelope. If you do want to decorate it or draw try to make it an artistic picture more than decorations. And ask him about it too.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 4:20 PM on May. 31, 2009