Does anyone know how long you will test positive for marijuana in a blood test?

Please no bashing i only smoked at night off work hours once my daughter was asleep and am pregnant again and i quit smoking as soon as i found out which was like 3 or 4 weeks ago and i am five weeks now . I have my prenatal blood panel paperwork and need to go in before june 8th and dont want anything bad to happen ,i just cant find a definative answer online please help i am very paranoid and dont want anything to happen, again thank you for not bashing and for your help...

vampgrl

Asked by vampgrl at 11:46 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It honestly depends on how much you smoked and how often...but if you quit weeks ago it should be fine.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:49 AM on May. 31, 2009

• it stays in your system for 30 days for a urine test. im not sure if it would be the same for the blood. it does depend how much/often you smoked
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I believe you should be fine. I'll give you a link but my understanding is that a blood test shows what is currently in your system so if you haven't smoked in 3-4 weeks, it shouldn't be a problem.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4934#blood

This is from NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws). I feel it is a pretty reputable source.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Unless your doctor specifically requested a cannabis level on you, it will not show up on anything.

The lab ONLY tests for what the doctor asks for, they are not allowed to just randomly test for whatever they want, and I have never in 3 years seen a doctor order blood drug testing with a prenatal panel. I have seen urine drug tests come in, but those were only when the mother was under suspicion of usage.

(Oh yeah, I work in a lab)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

• There is no reason for them to check for mari-j. No worries :-) You are good.
    IsaQ

Answer by IsaQ at 2:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• 30 days. You should be fine. Now if something triggered them to check and they were worried about your baby. They coould do a hair study. That shows years.
    Anonymous

• There's absolutely no reason for them to check for that in a prenatal, I smoked my whole pregnancy due to having hyperemesis (I was given the okay from my ob) For general reference though you should be good after 30 days.

cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 9:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• I once smoked less than a week before a drug test and passed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jun. 2, 2009