How old was your child the first time you left them overnight?

The title says it all. Mine are generally 2 years old before I am comfortable leaving them overnight or really even with DH for several hours so I can have "grown up" time. Am I really the only one?

MamaJen74

Asked by MamaJen74 at 11:51 AM on May. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine is nine . The only times I have left her with any one has been when I was in hospital for 2 days, when I went christmas shopping . I homeschool her and take her every where I go .Kids are to enjoy and be joyful with and live with a joyful life not ignore and not leave with any one over night .

She wants to go to summer sleep over camp I may allow it .It is only 3 days this summer . I am over protective and I would rather her spend quality family time together than with strangers and kids she doesnt even know. Also counselors are strangers and we hear so many scarey stories these days. So I may send her but I will worry about her every night shes gone even if it is one . when she plays out side she is not allowed to go into freinds homes I dont know because I just plainly dont know the children or the parents.
    sandschooler

Answer by sandschooler at 5:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• my stepmom let my baby's daddy && I have a date night when my son was about 4-5 weeks old. It was only for a few hours && I called and checked on him like 4 times lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:54 AM on May. 31, 2009

• We're supposed to leave them alone? Mine are 29 & 26..... I haven't yet. (only joking). I think they were close to a year. When I was done breastfeeding. They stayed with Grandma.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:57 AM on May. 31, 2009

• 2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Son was 3 months and daughter was about 5 weeks
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:00 PM on May. 31, 2009

• they stayed with my mom starting at around 6 weeks.. actually my youngest was only about 4 weeks... i had bad ppd and the dr thought a night without the baby would help
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:01 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My daughter was 3 weeks the first time I left her with her dad (although we live together and whatnot so not sure that counts)

The first time she went overnight anywhere I think she was....hmmm.....6 weeks? I think she was 6 weeks old. After that it has been probably once a month over night, but at the request of my grandma or his mother. We hardly go out, even when she is gone we usually take advantage of the opportunity for a good night sleep!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• The first 30 days of my daughter's life I was away from her every night, I hated the NICU. When she was around 10 months I let her stay at my parents. I cried the whole night and decided I wouldn't do it again for awhile. When she was 2 she stayed 1 night with my parents and 1 night with in laws, Then she would never stay the night anymore, we tried a few times but she always ended up coming home about 8:00. When she was 3 my mama had surgery and I had to stay with her, so my hubby kept daughter for 2 nights, and then last year when she was 4 she stayed at my sisters with my mama. But that is it so she is 5 and has spent 6 nights away from me. Right now we can not get her to stay the night with anyone, anywhere unless we are with her.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• she stayed with my sister at 2 days old and 6 days old because I was really sick and my husband was NOOOOOOOO help.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:35 PM on May. 31, 2009

• 4-6 weeks. With grandma or aunt.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 12:48 PM on May. 31, 2009