Walmart question. I really am curious.

I shop at walmart a lot! (No bashing, please). I really do love going there and the closest one is about a 10 min walk from my house, so I am there a lot. Anyway, I have realized that anytime I am paying for my stuff (I pay with my debit card), just before I slide my card, there is a question on the card reader, for example. "was the store clean today?", or "did the cashier greet you today?". You are NOT required to answer, though and I usually dont answer, but yesterday, I was in a happy mood, doing my shopping and when I went to pay, I said a big hello to the cashier, with a smile on my face and she TOTALLY ignored me. I was shocked. When it was time to pay, the question "Did the cashier greet you today?" came up and of course I hit "NO". I guess she could read my answer on the other side and became overtly rude. Didnt even help me bag my groceries. But now I feel bad. Does anyone know if she could get fired for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• she will get fired if there has been several complaints on her. if this was a first, they will probably just tell her to be more friendly and greet the customers.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• She prob. wont get fired for doing this to just you, but im sure if they found out she had been being rude to many other people also they'd fire her. Dont feel bad she deserves if obviously if she gets fired.
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 11:58 AM on May. 31, 2009

• www.wakeupwalmart.com
    Anonymous

• First of all, most of the walmart employees i've met aren't very friendly. It's almost as if they train them to be rude. There is no good energy at a walmart store. I hate going in there, but sometimes i need to go, other friends of mine have noticed the same thing in other states as well.

You have every right to good customer service, you pay for "goods and services" when you go to any store. If you have a problem with that store you have EVERY right to complain. I've gone into convenience stores, smiled and said hello to the zombie on the other side of the register and sometimes I am greeted friendly other times I am ignored. I'd write a letter to the management and I'd also call the 1800 number for the corporate office and let them know about your experience. Ask them if the cashier can see your answers.

She had no right to be rude to you and it's HER job not yours to bag your groceries.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't understand the problem with Wal Mart. All I get is that they employ people part time so they don't have to get benefits (so do several other major chain companies..what about McDonald's? Staples? Grocery stores?), they're open 24 hours so their employees have to work over night (so do other major chain companies...what about Wal Greens? Gas stations? Jack in the Box?) I guess I'm missing the problem here. If you need a full time job and can't work overnight...don't apply at Wal Mart!!!!
    Anonymous

• she lucky to have a job at all and really should not be rude. You did the right thing. Most of the people at my wal mart are nice.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• see now the last time i went to walmart the check out lady was OVERLY friendly!! i bought quite a few items and she would stop and check out and comment on EVERY single thing. she even took the little cap off my mini ben n jerrys ice cream to see if it had a spoon in there! and she commented on some shot glasses i had bought for my friends birthday and talked about getting pulled over by the cops forever....then she came accross the new ky intense i had jsut bought...looked it over and shut up...LMAO.

thos yes some can be very rude too...i never noticed that it said that on the keypad tho..ill have to look next time! I would like to no to some of them, tho i dont think its right that they can see your answer right away, thats not fair on you at all!!! then they really will be rude!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:45 PM on May. 31, 2009

• not sure if she would get fired, but i know she could get into trouble... i would shrug it off... people are just a$$es sometime...

she shouldn't have a job with the public with an attitude like that... i work with customers allll day long... they are usally the ones with the attitude... i will say hi, and they will ignore me.. or they will actually yell at me for having to wait a little longer than expected (which i have no control over).. i just let it go.. put a big smile and make them feel like an ass by being extra nice :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• btw... i ♥♥♥♥ walmart :)....lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• I usually ignore those questions ...unless the person was being rude. I have chosen NO too ..and sucks to be her/him if they don't like it. They know the question is there ..so why not be nice?
    Anonymous