Does anyone else suffer from migraines, sinus headaches on a daily basis?

I suffer from headaches on a daily basis...several times a day. I take MIDRIN for them. (its a medication used for headaches and seizures) I moved to a new town about 6 months ago and will need refills on me meds, but should I go to regular doctor or find a neurologist? I was seeing both when I left my last town and they both prescribed my meds when needed.

sbrast35

Asked by sbrast35 at 11:56 AM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• Did you know that many migraines are caused by reactions to foods? Many foods can trigger a migraine, such as chocolate and tree nuts. You should keep a food diary and do a complete elimination diet to determine if this is your issue.
    Also, many people with sinus headaches find relief by eliminating dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• It depends on your insurance, best to start of with a General Practice and then have him/her referre you out
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:59 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I always try natural supplements, before I would medication. Message me if you would like to hear about a product that has helped others with migraines. Mary
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• rokoloms: I have sinus headaches on a daily basis and rarely drink milk or eat dairy products and I still get the headaches. Some so severe that I take pain killers for them.

To OP: I get sinus headaches almost everyday for about 10 months out of the year. I take Zyrtec D twice a day and SIngulair at night, no matter if I have symptoms or not. I also take 4 Advil at the onset of a headache (same dose of prescription Ibuprofren). I would start out with a Primary Care or Family Doc and let them refer you out to a specialist. i hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:10 PM on May. 31, 2009