• In the Spotlight:

How do I clean a pair of flip flops??

I got these really cute flip flops from avon a few weeks ago, and they are pure white(well they were anyway LOL). And now they are a bit dirty and I want to clean them. how do you clean flip flops??? Has anyone ever ordered flip flops from avon? I don't know if the brand matters or not to clean them, i just started wearing flip flops this year LOL Haven't worn them since high school.

Anyway, thanks for your answers.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 12:06 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Just use a little bathroom cleaner with bleach and a soft textured scubby sponge. That's how I clean my oldest daughter's sandals and flip-flops. I beats buying new ones, especially since she is the queen of mud puddles.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 1:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• depends on what they're made of, plastic ones you can use the hose and probably bleach for white ones
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• once in high school i had the foam kind from old navy, and i was washing my car with a power washer and did my shoes....it worked really well!! lol...maybe a magic eraser?!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My son put his in the washer after he finished cutting the grass. He was so sweet to cut the grass while he was visiting from out of town.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 1:47 PM on May. 31, 2009

• thanks ladies! I'll try those and let you know which one works. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I just get a wet washcloth and scrub scrub scrub. Always works for me. :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Dishwasher
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 6:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• THIS WORKS THE BEST!! FIRST I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM SOAP TO THROWING THEM INTO THE WASHER....STILL DIRTY. THEN I TRIED THE 'MAGIC ERASER' AND BAM! THERE YA GO, LOOKS BRAND NEW. I EVEN BY THE GENERIC ONES FROM THE DOLLAR STORE. THEY ARE LIKE 2 FOR A $1. CAN'T BEAT THAT LOL
    kayleesmomma86

Answer by kayleesmomma86 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2009