recipes for salmon

I need some new recipes for cooking salmon "steaks". I'm getting tired of the same 'ole way, but I love the stuff! Thanks in advance!

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 12:07 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• do it on water soaked cedar planks, cover with a mixture of unsalted butter, lemon juice and dill. google recipes there's a billion
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• How do you make them now?
    I love salmon. I made them the other day by mixing butter, lemon, garlic and onion powder, and cilantro. I brushed it on them and broiled them. They are also good on the grill!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:28 PM on May. 31, 2009

• ive never had a salmon steak, but i always get a big salmon filet from sams club and sprinkle emerils seasoning on there and bake or grill it....its really good.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:38 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I posted this a few weeks ago. It's a great way to have salmon in a totally different way!

Marinate your salmon in fresh Lemon juice, Lemon pepper and salt pepper etc. - Marinate for at least a couple hours. Bake Salmon until the meat flakes off. Let cool and shred.

In a sauce pan saute chopped onions, minced garlic and olive oil until onions are transparent. Add one pint of whipping cream. Keep on Medium/High heat and stir for around 8-10 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and a couple pinches of sugar. Pepper too. Take off heat . Add 1 TBLS of Lemon Juice and 1 TBLS of Lime Juice ( I actually think I"m gonna cut back on the lime a little) and as much cilantro as you like. Let cool.

Serve with shredded red cabbage, cilantro and limes. I also made spanish rice. Go easy on the sauce. It's kinda strong but yummy!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• cont...................

I serve corn tortillas with this instead of flour, but you can try whatever you like. Also since it was just me and hubby eating this, I just used two salmon fillets, but this is a great group meal. If using corn tortillas I'd figure 1 fillet per person (does 3-4 small tacos). We had most of the sauce left over and I had to throw it out because there was no way hubby and I could use it all between the 2 of us. I'd say the sauce probably makes enough for 15-20 tacos. (used lightly).

Nika75

• I used to make food at one of those meal preparation places. One of the dishes they had was salmon with butter, rum, brown sugar, and I don't know what else. You put the salmon on a double piece of foil, coat with the toppings, seal, and bake. When it was done, you lifted the salmon off the skin, which adhered to the foil, and the salmon was delicious. I never found quite the same recipe but would love to have one like it if anyone has it.

Answer by Bmat at 5:03 PM on May. 31, 2009