Emma is spitting up more then usual

SO yesterday my daughter vommitted half an ounce of her formula and today she vomitted one ounce.. she's still taking food in and she's not fussy at all .. she still smiles and it doesn't look like she has any discomforts or anything.. my insticts tell me she's ok .. but there's this book I'm reading about caring for a child for new mother and it says that once she spits up that much I should take her.. but she looks fine... what do you guys think?

booboogirlEMMA

Asked by booboogirlEMMA at 1:07 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe don't feed her as much at one sitting?? She could be getting too full.. She won't necessarily look uncomfortable but her tummy may not be able to hold all of that. If not, maybe burp her more often she could be getting a bubble that is pushing the food back out. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:16 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I agree. She may just be eating too much. Or, maybe switch formulas? My nephew can only use Similac formula. You should ask your doctor, just to be safe and sure. Sure, it seems like nothing because it's just spitting up, but I'd rather take time out of my schedule to have my child checked out for any serious illnesses than just tell myself it's okay and worry about it.
    YikezItzKaitlyn

Answer by YikezItzKaitlyn at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• my son is 10 months old now and is over the spit up stage , but he spit up so much when he was younger. so much that people didn't want to hold him because he got it all over them. If you feel concerned I would take her to see the PED but if you aren't and she acting normal I would just wait for her next appt. and definatly ask him then. Like I said my son grew out of it about 8 months old. it is not fun and i feel your pain. Good Luck
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 7:20 PM on May. 31, 2009