Can you give me some answers from your experience?

I just want to know how the people with successful relationships have a successful relationship.

What does he do and what do you do to make it work?

How much time do you spend together?

What do you do to make eachother happy?

What do you do for fun?

I want to know all of it... I just can't think of all the right questions.

My BF tells me how a relationship should be and I don't believe his way to be true because it only benefits him.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 1:16 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • For one I believe trust, communication and being faithful are all key components to a successful relationship. I have been with my husband since I was was 15, it will be four years this coming July and we will also have been married for a year. For your question about how much time spent together, it really varies from relationship to relationship some people find more time to be a good thing while others feel less is healthier. I think keeping the relationship "new" also helps, meaning doing things new together that you havn't done before as a couple because it creates new experiences and memories. Wishing you the best!
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 1:28 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I've been happily married for almost 21 years.

What does he do and what do you do to make it work?   Empathy, trust, respect and communication are key components to a happy marriage.  When one of us has had a bad day we vent to each other instead of taking out our frustrations on each other.  When one of us is in a bad mood the other has the empathy to pick up on this and leave the other alone.  He helps out around the house and with the kids and I don't nag.  And neither of us tries to control the other.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Lemme guess...he says there needs to be more sex!! HA! anyway, my DH and I don't spend a ton of time together (which is ok b/c we'd probably kill each other). He works ALOT running a restaurant and I stay home with DD. when we do have a day off, we do things OUTSIDE of the house. We go to the park with the dogs and DD. Go to my parents house and BBQ...We found out that if we're together too much inside, then we start getting on each other's nerves....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• How much time do you spend together?   As much as possible.  We prefer to spend our free time together.  For instance when he is in the garage working on his motorcycle, I'm sitting out there with my laptap or we spend our evenings together in the family room watching TV or on our computers.  It's very nice quiet companionship.

What do you do to make eachother happy?  We allow each other to have our own interests and hobbies but we also take an interest in each others hobbies.  We share a lot of interests too and spend time doing them together. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• What do you do for fun?

We go for walks, sit out on the deck in the evenings, play with the kids in the pool, go to the movies, go out dancing, play golf, visit friends and now he is going to try and get me over my motorcycle fear so that we can go for rides together.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• What does he do and what do you do to make it work? TALK. Communication is what makes it work. If you don't talk, NOTHING else matters.

How much time do you spend together? Not enough since I'm working 2 jobs. haven't had a "date" in years. But I don't miss that to much.

What do you do to make eachother happy? Respect each other's views and opinions.

What do you do for fun?Go out as a family. Doesn't much matter what we do.

I want to know all of it... I just can't think of all the right questions. My BF tells me how a relationship should be and I don't believe his way to be true because it only benefits him. Might help if we knew what he's telling you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• By the way...together 20 years, married 16. My parents were married 53 years, and everything I know about maintaining a marriage came from my mom. Communication was the beginning and end as far as she was concerned.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 PM on May. 31, 2009

• What does he do and what do you do to make it work? He shows sacrificial love by making sure my needs and feelings are always considered before being selfish. I show submissiveness by always submiting to his needs, and authority. But it works out because as the man he will always rule with love, and always consider his wife's thoughts before-hand, and his wife will not try to control or change how the man leads his family, but she will submit to it with respect, as he has shown her respect by making decisions with consideration of her.

Anonymous

• How much time do you spend together? Everyday, but we need a few hours to do our own things. Men are less clingy than women, and they can be pushed away if the woman is always trying to keep him in her grasp. Let the man have a few hours to himself to plag video games, go outside, or whatever he likes doing, and let him get some time with a friend sometimes. It can really keep them hooked when the woman gives him freedom, plus it makes it more interesting because when you are stuck together 24/7, you get bored with eachother.

Anonymous

• What do you do to make eachother happy? He cuddles with me, listens to me, talks, and does whatever I want, then I give him sex, food, and video games. lmao Oh and he hates being nagged to, and I hate being ignored or not considered. So we work on those together in unison.

What do you do for fun? Watch movies, rent them, go to the drive-in, go outside for walks, sometimes I play a game with him even though I don't really like them much, I still do it for him, and we surf the net for funny videos or something. We go outside, listen to music, flirt with eachother etc
    Everything we do we do it in consideration of the other. I work on his needs, wants and feelings, and he does so mine. It works when done right. It has to be both of you, no selfishness, but you focusing on how to make him happy, and he doing the same for you. You can't be selfish in a relationship. If you want to be selfish be single.
    Anonymous