Yes or No ladies...

Should you pierce your baby girls ears? And if so at what age should you do it?

meagen22

Asked by meagen22 at 1:20 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pierced my dd's after she got her first set of shots. She was 2 months old.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:22 PM on May. 31, 2009

• yes I pierced my 2 daughters ears at 3months
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 1:24 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Oh and I had mine done the day I came home from the hospital. I think sometimes it is a cultural thing. I am hispanic and it is the norm it seems to pierce at a very young age.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:25 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My baby is 6 months old and we haven't yet. I wanted to, but I don't want to hurt her little ears getting them done and now she's at an age where she may pull on them and cause an infection. I'll get them pierced when she's a lttle older.

toddler girl

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I figure that they'll ask for holes in their ears eventually, and that's soon enough to get them done. Yeah, pierced ears are cute, but I just couldn't bring myself to cause my daughters pain just for the sake of looking cuter than they already are. I'm not bashing anyone, do what you please with your kids' ears, but getting a hole poked in your head does hurt. Why do that to a baby who has no idea what's going on?
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 1:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• whenever they ask for it and know there will be pain after.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• NO! especially when they are a baby...don't gimme that crap about they won't remember it either. It still hurts dammit...Im glad my mom didn't do ours...my sister ended up gettin like 8 holes in her ears when she was 16 and I never had mine done and still don't and never will...let her decide for herself....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:40 PM on May. 31, 2009

• No....there's no purpose to it. Let them choose when they want it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

• We did our DD at 6 months. She fussed for about 30 seconds and that was it they did it at the same time. Ask for 2 people to do it much easier. Also she will be 2 in 2 weeks and she has never messed with them. I don't think she really knows they are even there.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 2:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't see a reason to do it now... if you do see a reason, that's your business.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2009