What would this be?

I am pro-life to a certain extent. I believe that women who are raped or have a chance of themselves or their babies dying during pregnancy or during labor should make the choice of aborting. However, I do not believe that a woman should be allowed to get an abortion just because they do not want to be mothers or it will mess up their figure.

I don't consider that pro-life and I don't consider that pro-choice. So what would I consider myself?

AND NO BASHING, THIS IS AN HONEST QUESTION. DON'T TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T BELIEVE. AND DON'T ARGUE WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SHOULD BELIEVE!

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:58 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your answers should help you understand where you stand. That is why some people call themselves anti-abortion (they don't think it is "right") but pro-choice because there simply are some situations in which it is the only reasonable option or because they aren't willing to risk the deaths of young women who pursue abortions illegally & dangerously. You don't actually have to embrace either label - pro-choice or pro-life, you can simply say, perhaps, that you wish abortions weren't a reality.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I believe people can believe whatever they want and call it whatever they want. Like you say, just don't tell me what I should or should not believe. Individual Choice. You answered your own question.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:01 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ambivalent. May I ask why you think it is ok in some situations & not the others? Is it simply because you feel people should be forced to take responsibility for their actions? If so, are you willing to risk a child having a miserable life for it? Is it because you think abortion kills a child? If so how is it ok to kill a child because the "father" or sperm donor was a violent person who forced sperm upon a woman?

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Pro-life has to also mean quality of life doesn't it?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• to nysa00- 1-I am 100% sure of my beliefs in a mother choosing her life over her death. In cases where a woman is told that she WILL die if she carries her baby to term, or her baby has absolutely no chance of survival. I believe a woman should choose for herself and her babies best interest in that situation. 2-I believe that if a woman can lie down for sex unprotected or not, her and that man should wake up and assume responsibility. whether that be raising that child or giving it up for adoption where other loving parents can love, protect, and raise that child. 3- abortion does kill a child. so yes, i do believe that. 4- with rape cases, I don't have a full belief in those situations. I don't understand it either. that is one aspect I am on the fence about.
    Overall, I do not believe that a baby should have to pay for their parents irresponsible actions with death or abuse.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:11 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I consider myself to be pro-choice, but lately I've been thinking of inventing a new term. Pro-none-of-anybody's-damn-business. (I think it has a nice ring to it.) Abortion should NOT be a method of birth control, but who gets to decide what a woman should or should not be able to do with her body? It's a decision between a woman and her conscience.

Call yourself pro-health maybe?
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:45 PM on May. 31, 2009