Have you ever does this?

Yesterday we were celebrating our daughter's b/day swimming pool, games, you know the whole fun stuff. Well we decided to barbq some fajitas outside my dh took care of that and I was cutting up some veggies to make piccadillo (onion, pepper, tomatoe and cilantro) anyway I finished all that and decided to jump in the pool with the kids well I did not want to wear my glasses to the pool so I decided to wear my contacts and i was putting them on I felt this very strong burning sensation in my eyeball (and I had washed my hands alot before all this) any way the only thing I can come up with is somehow the pepper still lingered in my hands that it stuck to my contacts. I did not wear my contacts :(

Have you ever done this?

If you haven't make sure you wash up really well after cutting up peppers before putting in your eyes. Just a tip :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah it was probably the pepper juice! OUCH! I hate that burning sensation when putting in my eyes!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If you plan on rubbing your eyes or whatever give it a day atleast to rub off. Man it was painful.

Another question How would I take this spicyness out of my contact lense no matter how much I rinsed it off with the solution it was still there I only tried twice.
    Anonymous

• haha no I've never done that. But I've been wearing my glasses for the past couple days cuz when I went to put my contact in last week I scratched my eye with it.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if it would be a good idea to use disposable gloves when handling hot peppers if there is a chance that you'll be putting in contacts. I don't know if the gloves would work or if the heat would get on your hands and in your eyes even having used the gloves and then washing the hands.

Answer by Bmat at 2:42 PM on May. 31, 2009

• A friend of mine used to own a Mexican restaurant and this would happen to her all the time! Be careful if you try to put those contacts back in because they'll probably STILL sting! She take them out and burn her eyes at night then forget and put the same contacts in the next morning and burn herself again!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:52 PM on May. 31, 2009

• oh yeah i was cutting habernro peppers for salsa and i rubbed my eyes with out thinking...it burned like hell.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Oh yes. I use biofreeze for aching muscles and one night I was having a bad night. I sprayed my arms in my bedroom and forgot the fan was going and the mist went right into my eye.

I feel for ya.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2009