What am I?

I have been told I am agnostic, but I am not sure so I was hoping some of you ladies could help me. I was raised by a mother who is a southern baptist and a father who is an atheist. I have too many questions to consider myself anything and I don't believe I will ever get the answers I am looking for. I do not really believe there is a god or a devil. I do pray but I don't think I am praying to anyone or anything specific. (if that makes any sense) I find myself struggling a lot trying to figure this out. I have been to church a few times in my life but I am very uncomfortable being there. When I was little the first time I went to church I cried the whole time and my mom had to take me out. Don't know why... A lot of stuff has happened to me in my life that makes me say, "What kind of God does this?"
Can someone help me find some answers. Thank you!

NO BASHING!!!

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:03 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• UU is a philosophy that says the details aren't important, your spiritual life should be personal & members generally just believe that there is some spiritual aspect to the universe but the "names" & rituals aren't what is important. That isn't exactly the best explanation but is the general idea as I have understood it from members of UU churches.

What you describe is very close to agnostic or you could also embrace the term spiritual anti-religious (as in you don't feel organized religion is necessary) or you could simply say "I don't need a label, my beliefs just defy categorization".

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You would be considered agnostic because it means you don't completely rule out anything, but you don't completely believe anything. It's basically a title for "unsure."
    I hope you find whatever is your will to find.
    Anonymous

• I don't know, maybe you are agnostic.  Try this quiz., yea I know a quiz but this one usually helps out some

http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx

Darn it I can't get the link to work right

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:11 PM on May. 31, 2009

• When asked what religion I am, I say other. I studied sociology in college and understand that people seem to have the need to be a part of a group, a sense of belonging because we are social creatures.I do not pick anything to call myself but simply get through my life one day at a time.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I took the belief o matic quiz for fun and they label me humanistic. ok, whatever. sounds good and now I can have a label too. wooo hooo!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:13 PM on May. 31, 2009

• okay it told me I was a Unitarian Universalist. now what exactly does that mean?? I have never heard of it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:25 PM on May. 31, 2009