How much of your legs are you suppose to shave?

I can't believe I am asking this at 25, but I never had a "feminine" role model.. but are you only suppose to shave the front to the knee, all the way around including your calves up to the knee, or everything including the thighs (all the way around)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't have to shave anything above my knees. My hair doesn't grow that far up. but yeah, if you have hair anywhere on your legs, shave it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I shave my whole leg including the back of my thigh and calf. i hate hair so yeah i shave my whole leg
    SammiTaylorTM

Answer by SammiTaylorTM at 2:22 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Shave its all!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:27 PM on May. 31, 2009

• it. not its.
    soonmommyof3

• I shave it all, but the hair on the top of my leg growns slower so i dont have to shave that as often.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:30 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If you are active in bed, then shave it all- fronts backs, up to you know where, and some shave you know where, too. If you aren't active, then just whatever would show with what you are wearing. So if you have shorts on, probably everywhere, if you are wearing long pants, then probably you could get away with not shaving that day. For a skirt, then from the ankle up to a few inches at least above the hemline. If you shave the whole leg every day, it makes it easier since if you miss a couple hairs one day you'll catch them the next before they get long enough to be noticeable. I use soap for shaving, but there are foams you can use, or hand lotion even. Or an electric razor (or waxing, chemical depilatories, etc.)

Answer by Bmat at 2:35 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Um... all of them. lol. I know some people who only shave the bottom part of their legs they dont shave their thighs, and it just looks weird. Why be half shaved half hairy. That would be like if you only decided to shave one arm pit it just doesnt make any sense.
    holly082290

Answer by holly082290 at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

• You aren't suppose to do anything! It's all up to you and what you want not what other people think. I know women who shave all the way up to their hips and I know some women who only shave their calves like me. My hair on my thighs is visible if you look close but it is so soft I don't want to shave it. It will just grow in thicker and I would rather just have soft hair instead of having to shave it and have stubbies. My husband doesn't mind the soft hair on my thighs either. He thinks it is a good idea not to shave it because shaving it would just make it worse. If your hair on your thighs is soft, i advise leaving it alone! I suppose holly has a point that is does look kind of weird but that is only if someone is looking really close. It kind fo depends on your situation, if you are single or what. My man doesn't mind my soft hair on my thighs and neither do I. I would hate to have to shave it. It isn't noticable enough.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:42 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I shave my whole leg but like the PP stated, it's up to you.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Any part or all. It is a personal preference. Myself, the whole thing, all the way around. If I only shaved to the knee...I would soon have bangs on my knee..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:14 PM on May. 31, 2009