Can you tell me what YOU know about vaccines?

And where did you learn this information?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:28 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is now 13, so my reasearch is a bit dated. In general, it is the preservative the vaccines are in, along with the interactions of more than one vax, that have the potential to harm a child. We choose to delay vaxing until age 1; do one vaccine per office visit with single dose, preservative free vaccines. We skipped a few (like chicken pox). And we eat mostly organic, mostly homemade, most vegetarian foods. And I don't shave.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I know my child has all of his. And will continue to get them.
    Anonymous

• A lot more than I could type right here. ;)

I know that a lot of the things that people don't like that our in vaccines are in the things we take into our bodies every day from our enviornment, our food, and our water.

I also wonder if people who don't vaccinate their kids, vaccinate their pets... and why or why not?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I know a lotta stuff about them, but I think every mom should look into it for herself and not take someone else's word for it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Cavalrybaby02
    But dont most people who choose not to vax also eat more organic homemade foods? Also, dont many people buy filtered water vs. drinking from a tap. I know i bought a water filter. Also, i've notcied that many woman who choose not to vax also pay closser attnetion to other things as well, such as plastics.
    Isnt the whole idea to minimize what you are exposed to, instead of just not caring?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:38 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I know that my child is vaxed and is perfectly healthy and will STAY that way! I know I would never gamble him getting a horrible disease out of ignorance from reading too many maybe info on the internet. I know that most Americans are vaxed and we have very little major health outbreaks and third world countries are not vaxed and dying horrible deaths of malaria and other deadly diseases that could have been prevented. I think people who have the availability to prevent these illnesses and don't should think of all of the children in those countries and take a look at their dying children. If you think your child can't catch a disease that you could have prevented and die from it you're wrong.
    Anonymous

• They got a lot of random and pretty gross ingredients that really don't surprise me. But I would take anything to keep my child healthy. and if that meant inject him with amniotic fluid from chickens or monkey brains or whatever else will prevent my child from getting sick, I'll do it. You can tell me all that is in there, but I want to keep my child safe. I have all my shots except for the hepatitis because my mother's gut told her not to. I will do the same for my child. You can tell me that the diseases they are preventing are rare and highly unlikely. I say it is because children ARE vaccinated. If we weren't we would be in cases like third world countries where children are suffering from diseases. I would rather vax my child now instead of waiting to see if they do get sick. Sorry.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Plus I have done the research because I was skeptical of them just like every one else. Really nothing in there would surprise me. They don't just throw harmful ingredients in the injections just for the sake of doing it. and these "harmful" ingredients are there to protect your child. Not harm them. Plus you have to get shot records for public education. Even if you are homeschooling, most colleges do require you to be vaccinated.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Anon: Did you ever think that the people in 3rd world countries die from some of those horrible diseases because they don't have clean water to drink, don't take baths, and don't have proper nutrition? Those things don't have anything to do with vaccinations.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Water filter's don't take out the trace amounts of formaldahyde in EVERYONE's water. If you drink water, bathe in water, etc. You're exposed. If you breathe in the air in America, you're exposed. It's not that I don't care, but that people don't realize that sort of stuff. Heck, there are harmful stuff in the ground that when you grow your own veggies (and I LOVE homegrown veggies myself), you're exposed to it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:44 PM on May. 31, 2009