What does commitment mean to you in a relationship? How do you show someone commitment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• it's called marriage, with vows to forsake all others.
    Anonymous

• My dh and I have agreed to leave the marriage before if we ever feel the need to "cheat" that is our committment.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• What about commitment in a relationship before considering marriage?
    Anonymous

• were not married. commiment to me is just trusting each other and knowing that neither one of usis going to cheat, and to basically not hide anything from each other.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

• These are all really good answers. I consider commitment being mentally and emotionally too, not just physically faithful. Yes forsaking all others. Focusing all of your sexual thoughts and energies on your SO alone. And.... asking the other for permission do go hang out with your friends or somethign. Not because you have to but because you value their thoughts and wishes. Little stuff like that. Commitment is being happy watching movies and cuddling on a friday night instead of going out paryting. (Which is okay every once in a while.)
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:35 PM on May. 31, 2009