does anyone have any tips on gettin a 2 yr old to sleep in his own bed?

christian564

Asked by christian564 at 2:53 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont have much for tips but I just put my 17 mo. in her own big girl bed recently. Some of the things that work for us is she has all her "friends" w/ her (5 stuffies) & a blanket that makes her comfortable. She also enjoys having a fan on the cool air comforts her.

She slept w/ me since she was born so when it came time to put her in her own bed in her own room what I did was put her down kissd her g'night & then sat in a chair near the door. Each time she got up out of the bed I would simply go over & put her back into the bed but not saying anything or do anything & go back to my chair until she did it again. This worked & only took 2 nights before she stayed in her bed on her own. Once she stayed in her own bed I figured out the fan trick & the blanket that she liked the best & now she is all set in her own big girl bed. This worked for us but may not for u. U will just have to find out what works best for u.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:54 PM on May. 31, 2009