C-Section Long Term Recovery Stories (Need help and advice)

I had a C-Section in the very beginning of May with my son. It has been about a month now and unfortunately, it doesn't seem as if my recovery is going to be as easy as many others I've read have expressed. At first, I was suffering from high temps and very sick. I went to the hospital days after getting out of the hospital and the PA on duty didn't treat me. Go figure...but come to find out, I'm now being treated for a bladder infection. I've been still really sore and I'm having a hard time walking, so I thought curing the infection would help. I was wrong.

My questions is for those who either had a moderately or an extremely difficult time. What did you do or learn to do later that helped with your recovery? I'm finding it torture to walk straight. Did anyone else have a hard time walking? For how long? I'm finding this all very hard and so depressing. Bowel movements are very painful, too. Like knives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hey hun. i am sorry that your having a difficult tme with this. well have you tried going back to your regular doctor and talking to him about it?

all i can really say is walk more. drink lots of water. and just relax. or try too. as for the bowel movements did they give you laxatives? i'm not sure i had the worst pregnancy in the world, so my c-section recovery was hell after i hd my son i was in their for about a week. so i dont know.. hope you get better soon.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I ended up back in the ER with a bladder infection and a kidney infection. I also had leakage from my incision and several allergic reactions from medication and from the tape. I had none of these issues with my first.

I also had a problem with the spinal not working when they were sewing me back up-and they wanted to argue with me about what I 'was and wasn't' feeling. It took me 4 months to recover and feel 'normal' after my last section.

Now-I have severe problems with my insides always hurting and my bladder feeling painful at times and its 3 years since. I won't be having any more kids bc of this last experience. Some people have really good c section experiences-my first was an emergency c-and it went great. The 2nd was planned and it was the worst thing ever.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 3:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Everybody is different. I had a good recovery with my first but that doesn't mean that this second one will be just as easy. I hope it will be but things could change. Also i would be calling the doctor and complaning to the er bout the pa that didn't help you. They are there to help not treat you like crap.

A friend just had her third and final child and i know with her first c/s she almost bleed to death on the table then her steatches on the inside riped and they had to go back in and redo them, then the outside of the incision came open and there was puss and they had to put a drainage port in. It took her a good 2-3 months to finally heal and she still felt like crap. I think pretty much the same thing happened with her second and i haven't heard how she is doin after her third..

But call your doctor because your infection may be getting worse rather then better. Good Luck and your next may be a walk in the park.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 4:15 PM on May. 31, 2009