My daughter is 2 weeks old and always hungry...

She eats non stop, Im worried she is not getting what she needs from her formula. She eats 3 or 4 oz every 2 hours. Any ideas of what I can do to satisfy her?

Awright1984

Asked by Awright1984 at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter ate every 3 hrs try a little more give her 6 oz see if that helps her
    Anonymous

• most babies seem to eat all the time the first few weeks! just keep feeding!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• thats what babys eat, about that much, i breast feed more than that lol as long as shes not losing weight then shes doing fine, and ur just a new mom doin a good job
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:19 PM on May. 31, 2009

• That's perfectly normal don't worry at all! And remember anything that you're really concerned about, call your doctor whether it be day or night. They'll make you feel better :] I think all mom's go through the same questions, "Do I have enough milk?" "Is the baby eating too much?" "He/she CAN'T be teething yet, could they?"

Most of the time you DO have enough milk and if you don't, just keep feeding baby it will increase your milk supply, a newborn gets to eat as much as they want, as often. Remember they go through growth spurts where they'll want to eat every hour sometimes. Oh and most of the time, you baby is NOT teething. Babies drool and you will know when your little one's getting their first tooth. They'll have a fever, be screaming sometimes, trying to bite EVERYTHING, either sleeping more or not sleeping as much, and you'll see it right under the surface of their gum. Just feel in there and you'll know :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Breastfed babies eat more often; when my daughter was new she at every 2-4 hours for the first 3 or 4 weeks.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• that sounds about normal. it will be okay to go up to 6 ounces if she will take it. if she won't take it you may want to try different formulas. some are more filling than others. my kids ate similac advanced and that seemed to work for them. they started on enfamil but that always seemed to make them eat more and more often.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• She will eat at least every 2 hours... that is completely normal.
    Don't deny her if she wants to eat... her stomach is VERY tiny and can only hold a little bit, so she will need to eat often..
    KellyJC

Answer by KellyJC at 5:32 PM on May. 31, 2009