does it usually take a long time for first babies to be born

This is my first child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most often it does but that's not ALWAYS the case. My water broke but I didn't dilate at all for four hours. We had to do a c-section because of all the marconium (sp?) in my water and because I wasn't progressing at all. :[ I hope that it's different this time around.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:22 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I was in hard labor for 4 hours...not long at all.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It all depends. I'm having my first and hoping that it doesn't take forever but I'm prepared for the worst. I was the first for my mom and she was already dilated to 5 when she got to the hospital and I was born 5 hours later. I also have a friend who gave birth a few months ago with her first and was in labor for almost 48 hours!
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 3:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• with my first child i went into labor on april 3rd 2007 around 11pm didnt know i was in labor so i just layed in bed in put up with the pain april 4th 2007 i still was having pain this day i was spending a night by my moms house so i asked her how do labor pains feel and she said girl i dont know i have not had a baby in over 10 years so i said well i think i'm in labor so we went to the hospital in yes i was in labor, but i didnt have my daughter untill april 6th 2007 at 12:31pm yes i had a very very hard labor soooooooooo i was in labor for days not hours but with my 2nd daughter i had to be induced march 11th 2009 because she stoped growing she was 5 na half pounds but now she so fat shes 15 pounds i had her on my due date march 12th at 12:03pm good luck u can do it
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 4:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it varies from woman to woman. My first son took about 40 hours from first contraction to last push. Yet, a very good friend of mine was in labor for 20 minutes with her first.
    hotchicks007

Answer by hotchicks007 at 4:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

• different woman different body i had a friend also that was in labor for 13 min
    Anonymous

• i was induced and was in labor for 11 hours with my first, yet amazingly the time did seem to pass somewhat quickly, even if i didnt feel that way at the time.
    i've heard that excersizing (carefully while your pregnant of course) and walking often do wonders for labor. but is different for everyone. just remember you're in charge and the doctors ae going to to do whatever's best for you and the baby.
    jewels912

Answer by jewels912 at 4:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i agree, it depends on the women, my waters broke at 8:45pm on the 10 march 06 i had contractions fot about 10min b4 it broke. i then gave birth at 1:11 am 11 march so i was in labour for approx 4 and half hours no pain releif.
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 8:06 PM on May. 31, 2009