how can i talk hubby into getting a dog?

i REALLY want to get a small dog. i would love to have a Min Pin, either puppy or young adult *from a rescue shelter*. hubby says i can have one after my 2 cats die but they are 7 & 8 years old so thats not going to be for a long time. hubby acts as if he loves other peoples dogs when he is around them but im having a hard time talking him into letting ME have one lol. i need help! i want one!

USAF.Wife

Asked by USAF.Wife at 3:25 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pets

• hm.....just get one and once he sees it and theres no giving it back he'll HAVE to love it lmao thats what id do
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:28 PM on May. 31, 2009

• just go buy one he will love it soon that is what i did he told me to take it back and i told him no this is my dog im keeping him
    Anonymous

• LOL i have thought about just getting one and bringing it home but id really like for him to be a part of bringing a new furbaby into the family KWIM?
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 3:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I would see if he would do a trade up. One cat for a small dog? If your willing to part with it. i would also tell him that I would be the one to take care of all the animals needs and make sure that there are no traces of them living there. IE. smell, hair, flees. etc. hope that helps. Now, to figure out how to get my husband to get rid of our cats!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• oh no i couldnt part with my kitties lol i have had them since they were babies. but, hubby has been the only one changing the litter box from day one so maybe he would let me get a dog if i started doing that. i'll give that a shot.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 3:36 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Buy HIM a dog for his b-day or for your anniversary of something. Then you can take over, but keep reminding him that it's HIS puppy that you got for HIM because you love HIM so much, so he can't give away HIS puppy.etc. etc. etc...
    Anonymous

• i dont think that would work LOL he's not dumb.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 5:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• it's better to be on the same page and by your remarks you agree. i hate to tell you but it seems like your stuck having to wait longer. he would not be happy with you undermining his feelings and his decision. he could very well resent you and the dog should you run out and get one. i would just keep asking and take him around dogs more often until his heart opens up more to the idea. if he loves you he would want to please you and if he saw how much it meant to you then maybe just maybe he would one day surprise you with one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:05 PM on May. 31, 2009

• you can do what I did with my husband. tell him he can have a dog any kind he liked and then just kind of take over. lol. you might not get a small dog but its a dog to love and care for.
    millerangel89

Answer by millerangel89 at 11:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i think your right melody, im just going to have to keep asking and bring him around dogs more often. i deffinatly dont want him to resent the dog or my self.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 10:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2009