Baptizing your newborn, but your not baptized... What to do???

I would love to have my daughter to be baptized. My husband is but Im not. I heard both parents are supppse to be baptized in order for thier child to be baptized and if your not you have to take a class for for a day and pay for it. Is it true??? What do I do????

Ggss2020

Asked by Ggss2020 at 3:48 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that varies a great deal by denomination & even individual churches. Do you attend a church now? May I ask why you would like to have your child baptized? Not to be critical, but if you aren't particularly attached to a church it seems an odd thing to tie your infant to one, even if it is just symbolic.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Anyone can be baptised , nomatter what your age. If you also want ti be baptised before your aby, go ahead.In our church, you take a few classes(free) and then set up a Sunday after services when the Pastor can baptise you. Actually my daughter and all three of her kids were baptised at the same time. But it depends on the church.
    Anonymous

• i am a christian and attend a baptist church. i know there are demoninations that baptize children. we are taught and i believe that baptism is an outward demonstration of the salvation you have aked for and been given by Jesus Christ. baptism does not save you from hell only salvation by the grace of God. has your husband by baptised after his salvation or is just something his demonination does. you and your husband being baptised has nothing to do with your childs salvation and baptism. Jesus only holds you accountable for your sins after the age of accountability and that age differs. once you or your child has accepted Christ then baptism follows. baptism does not get you to heaven. only the shed blood of Jesus and you acceping him as Lord and Savior and asking forgiveness of your sins gets you to heaven and out of hell.
    Anonymous

• I want my child to be baptized because she deserves it and not only her, everyone deserves a chance to be. I am a very holy God child in my family, I do go to church (kinda a challenge cuz I move alot! ) and I use to assist in a bible study club. I am beyond happy to accept the lord as our savior, and deffinatly not afraid to show my love for him (as you can see) Thank you all so much for your answers they are really helpful. :))))) God bless
    Ggss2020

Answer by Ggss2020 at 8:19 PM on May. 31, 2009

• not true... you dont' have to be married, you don't even have to share the same religion. go to a non-denomination.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2009