will smoking cause a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can contribute to one, yes.

It also can contribute to low birth weight as well as many, many health problems for the child if it survives the pregnancy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:52 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It's possible. I do know a few people who smoked during pregnancy. One had a miscarriage. That same person also had 3 healthy babies and one on the way now. Another person had a fairly healthy baby. The baby does have a heart murmur, but it's because of something else that happened.
    Anonymous

• Please don't smoke while you're pregnant. Try your best to quit and if you can't and it's causing you too much stress smoke the least amount as possible. Then because you're already smoking while pregnant I would be as perfect as possible in other areas: exercising regularly, eating very healthy (no fast food or junk food), no caffeine ect.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it all depends on your body... I know alot of women that smoke with their kids and they turned out fine. My suggestion would be to call your doctor and talk to him/her about it. If you don't have a doctor yet then find one soon. I think you should be ok as long as you quit fairly soon in your pregnancy... But talk to your doctor for sure.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 3:57 PM on May. 31, 2009

• it can, it can also cause premature rupture of the membranes, and preterm birth. among many many other things.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:26 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Don't smoke while you're pregnant. Just think.. how horrible are you going to feel if 1) you miscarry or 2) your baby comes out sick.. don't risk it.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 10:30 PM on May. 31, 2009