I'm going to a wedding this coming weekend.

And i've heard that it is not appropriate to wear white to another womans wedding. ...It's going to be VERY hot and i only have one dress that i think is suitable as far as weather and special event. ...but it's white. ...not all white. it has little yellow flowers with green leaves on it. Yellow straps and i'd be wearing it with yellow heals. ...But what do you think?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 3:55 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Since it isn't completely white, I think it will be fine. In fact, I think the yellow flowers with green leaves sounds very summery and very pretty! Have a great time!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:04 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I think it would be fine. Personally I think if a family memeber or friend of yours gets upset because you wear a white and yellow dress to their wedding then that is petty of them. Its not like your trying to steal her thunder or anything. I have heard that "its not polite to wear white to a wedding unless your the bride" thing but honestly the dress you described sounds just fine to me.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It sounds fine to me. Have fun!
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 4:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It sounds like a good dress. Accessorize with colors and you won't need to wonder. A brightly covered scarf, handbag, belt, jewelry?

Answer by Bmat at 4:37 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I think that it sounds like a perfect dress for the occasion. Have fun.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 4:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Sounds so pretty. Go for it.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ya know this answer may be late, but, I see nothing wrong in what you are wearing. I had a friend wear white at my wedding. I was so busy with my wedding; I didn't notice what she was wearing until a few years later when looking at pictures.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:00 PM on May. 31, 2009