Any tips to make things easier with a roommate?

My sister and her son are moving in with me, my husband, and my son. Any advice on making things work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Talk about the finances,right when she moves in or sooner..How much she has to pay you..Is she going to buy her own food type stuff. House rules..Can she have men over, and stay the night type stuff..Will she have to help clean the house. How long will she be staying.

Answer by louise2 at 4:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

• had lots of roommates rules are important.. about food bills ect.. BUT also about keeping things clean, where to leave stuff.. what hours its okay to bring people in the house ect..
    its easyer to have a rull then to fight about it all the time
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:01 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I agree... money should be discussed before agreeing, as well as house rules, who cleans when and where and rules for the kids, meals etc... if you have to, write out the agreements/schedule on the fridge so there's no confusion.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:50 PM on May. 31, 2009