Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can anybody help me can i bring my parents in law in the US and what do i file

My parents in laws is so sick back in the country they wanted medical help can they come to the US to get medical help?My mother in law is her heart condition and my father in law is on dietabics he has high blood pressure ?Can i file for them to come her because there son is my husband?My husband doesnt have the citizenship yet i am all ready filed for my husband can i even file for parents in law to come for emergency medical help plz i need all your help?

Answer Question

Asked by ranay375 at 4:34 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

Level 4 (36 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I don't think in-laws count with you.. sorry
    But they could file for one of those temporary things and renew it for medical reasons after they get here I think.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:45 PM on May. 31, 2009

  • Your parents in law may have to make an appointment at their embassy(in there country). You can however make an appoinment for them online. Just search for example "Italy Embassy" and book a date for them to apply for a visa. You can find more info at Do they have a passport? if not than they need to do that first. You can also right a letter of invitation for them to take to the embassy. GOOD LUCK, i hope this was helpful.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on May. 31, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.