Have you ever been in a relationship but feel like you were still single because they were never there? Did you work things out and if so, how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• My first marriage's theme song was Beth by Kiss. Yes, we worked things out. I filed for divorce.
    kate3937

Answer by kate3937 at 4:44 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Yes, my ex would go to work, come home for 5 minutes, give me a kiss and then leave to go spend time with the neighbors. (who i didn't care for) and he wouldn't get back until i was in bed. he wasn't cheating, I could walk over unannounced at any time and find him on the porch drinking beer with the husband. Even when he did stay home he'd be in a different room.

How did we work it out? I kicked his ass to the curb....
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 4:50 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I often felt like that when our children were young, but my husband had to work long hours so I could say home with them. And, yes, we have now been married more than 44 years. I think it is harder to see when we are younger, that things can and will improve. Part of it is because we are all so very selfish and we want what we want and we want it now. It's hard to see sometimes that short-term inconvenience or being uncomfortable for a while can have wonderful rewards later on. Our children had a very stable home, and they were told that Daddy would be home as soon as he could, that he had to work hard, and that we had to be understanding of why he was working so hard. He was not out doing things that he shouldn't have been doing. He was just working to provide for us. How I wish that I had been more understanding of that back then.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:53 PM on May. 31, 2009