Are there any churches like this?

I would love to go to a very open minded church bc I do believe in God but I'm not sure what I believe. I am leaning towards charting or the all roads lead to the same place kind of thinking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unitarian Universalism. UUA.ORG
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Absolutely what nysa00 said - www.uua.org is a liberal, open-minded, inclusive religion that supports and encourages you on your individual spiritual path in a warm-hearted, intelligent community.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Unitarian Universalist. Google it and try one.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:03 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Good luck. Unitarian Universalist are the most open-minded but I would try a Presbyterian church (USA) also. Many are very much more open-minded than other churches. I would steer clear of the UU churches because they are very hit or miss. Having attended 4 different UU churches over the years... they were all very different from the others, there was no standards in the religious education area (meaning they also varied from church to church to church). Another thing we found was many of the children (at all of the churches) lacked discipline of any kind. Many would say the most atrocious curse words and had NO respect for adults, even cursing adults and running over smaller children. I haven't had a good experience with a UU church yet but LOVE the Presbyterian church in town (they're more socially active than the local UU church too).
    Anonymous

• UU. I love attending my local UU fellowship. I've attended many other UU fellowships across the country and although each congregation is different, they all strive to uphold the seven principals that form the foundation of UU. It is a bit of a different congregation atmosphere as each church is congregational based, that is to say the congregation gets to make the core decisions on what the church is going to do, to teach and do outreach. Not every fellowship I've attended was suited towards my needs but in each one I found acceptance and guinine warmth from the people there and I can not say that about any other church.

Good Luck and many blessings on your search. May you find a spiritual home that uplifts your spirit.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I attend a orthodox Christian church. It is relaxed, there is live music, people wearing jeans, videos on the screen after the sermon, Bible read along, and multi racial couples. They have alot of functions for the teens and it is not like he average uptight, judgemental churches that I have attended in the past.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2009