What are your thoughts/feelings reading this verse?

"I look upon all creatures equally; none are less dear to me and none more dear. But those who worship me with love live in me, and I come to life in them."

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 5:01 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It sounds to me like a creator saying that all creatures are important but only those with higher thinking abilities are divine, with a part of that creator in them. My thoughts are "that is a common theme in mythology".
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:05 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Ahhhh the Bhagavad Gita!!! I have read that before.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:14 PM on May. 31, 2009

• ^^ Yep - isn't it awesome? :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I love the Mahabharata and the Bhagavad Gita. I studied them in college. Obviously to me they are not sacred texts, but just good stories (like the Illiad and Odyssey). Have you read the Ramayana?

I just got my book and I was reading through both. Very interesting. I sure liked that class. It is so weird reading about Krishna tell Arjuna to do his duty and selflesly fight the battle. It has been a long time.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:30 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Krishna says, "The man who transcends his ego--though he destroys the worlds, destroys nothing-- for he is not tainted by his actions."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:33 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I am thinking that only humans are able to really love and therefore have that kind of reciprocal relationship with the divine.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:02 PM on May. 31, 2009

• a clear sign of wether you have JESUS in you
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:06 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Or Brahma, Lawla, since it's a Hindu verse. :-) Unless you are speaking of the Christ-consciousness, which of course transcends religious barriers and speaks to each person in the language of his chosen faith or the faith of his/her birth... which is an idea not against the basics of Hinduism, after all.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:13 PM on May. 31, 2009