If it is our body and choice?

Do you support forced vaccinations?
Smoking laws?
Drug laws?
Seat belt laws?

Most of the laws are drawn up by more liberal people. California has more laws on the books than people that dictate what we can do with our body. Why is it the only time they feel it is our body and choice is when it comes to the slaughter of babies?

If you hate this question move on. I am curious and can ask what I want for now it is a free country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we should try to help the young grow up as healthy Americans. Now once they are 18, let them do whatever they want to their bodies. Hell I think we should make drugs legal so we can regulate them better and put a tax on them.  Make money off them and it would be safer than half the crap you would find on the streets.

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 5:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Do you support forced vaccinations?
    Smoking laws?
    Drug laws?
    Seat belt laws?

I support all of these as a means to protect the public majority.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 5:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Do you support forced vaccinations?- Absolutely not.
    Smoking laws?- Only to the degree that other non-smokers are affected.
    Drug laws?- Some.
    Seat belt laws?- Some.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 5:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I support all of these as a means to protect the public majority.

I agree with you because those things affect more than just your body
    Anonymous

• No I dont support any of those laws. they all come from the same agenda. power and control. abortion is just another form of control, population control.
    Anonymous

• "I support all of these as a means to protect the public majority. "

I agree.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:33 PM on May. 31, 2009

• "I support all of these as a means to protect the public majority.

I agree with you because those things affect more than just your body " Anon 5:23

Are you fucking kidding me!!!??!?!!! Abortion doesn't affect more than just your body?! What about the poor sweet innocent baby! Hello! Do you even know what an abortion is, or are you a complete and utter idiot?!? When abortion becomes about killing the mother, then you can talk to me about a woman's right to choose because it's her body, her choice.

DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 6:34 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Daydaysmom- Take a chill pill because you don't make any sense. We all know what abortion is. The fact of the matter is abortion does NOT affect the majority of the population like the other elements listed in the Op.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:42 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Hmm. Good question.

I suport vaccinations, but I support someone's choice to not vaccinate. Their decision. So I suppose I don't support forced vaccination laws.

I am opposed to smoking...but it's not my choice to say whether or not someone does. Their right to smoke does end where MY lungs begin. Since smoke cannot be contained, I need to support smoking laws for my OWN protection. But you can puff away in the privacy of your own home if you want. No skin off my nose.

Drug laws? Same as smoking as far as I'm concerned.

Seat belts? It's your right to be dumb, as long as I'm not paying for your medical treatment if you get seriously injured due to not wearing one. Same with helmets.

Your choice. Always.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Do you support forced vaccinations?
    Smoking laws?
    Drug laws?
    Seat belt laws?

I do NOT support forced vaccinations (and neither does california look up your exemption rights in each state please)

Smoking laws are stupid. Owners should have the right to choose if they are going to allow smoking in their restraunt or shop or whatever. And as a consumer i have the right to choose which stores or restraunts i like. I have mixed feelings about the car smoking law in cali.

Drug laws. ...well, it varies depending on which drug you are talking about.

Seatbelt laws. yea. as long as your kids are buckled i dont care.

Our American rights are dwindeling and it is very sad.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:47 PM on May. 31, 2009