Do you really have to wait 6 weeks after after a baby to have sex

mommy102786

Asked by mommy102786 at 5:09 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Health

• yes,
    I nearly bled out about 2 weeks after my son was born. ..& i wasn't even doing anything strenuous. ..*Getting ready to go shopping*. there was NO way in hell i was risking that again lol. Scared the crap out of me when blood gushed out down there.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I had sex 2 1/2 weeks after and they had to cut me. I had no prpblems, just make sure you use a condom and clean it out well to avoid infection. If you think about it, its an open sore so be gentle. Save the crazy stuff for later. I will let you know it hurt some when he put it in (about the same as if you started having sex w/o being wet) and I had a slight increase in blood after.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 5:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• No, you don't have to wait the 6 weeks. I know many people that had sex as soon as 2 weeks after. If you had a C-section, I would wait until your postpartum checkup and only because that is major surgery. Be aware that you are very fertile that soon after having a baby because your hormones aren't back to normal. If you feel up to sex, then go for it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on May. 31, 2009