Why do in-laws drive us crazy?

My in-laws (his parents & sister & hubby) are the nicest people but still seem to drive me crazy! It is just the little things they do like being late all the time or calling us last minute to come eat! It gets to the point that I don't care to be around them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• im the same way with my husband aunt omg she is a religion freak and a control one too and i will NOT be around that my husband knows i do not like her infact he just got back from her house this weekend i stayed home with our daughter i do not want my daughter around her i will say what religion my daughter is
    Anonymous

• because they're not like your own family which is what you are used to families being like.
    Anonymous

• I love and respect my inlaws very much. That being said my mother in law (why is it always the mother in law that drives us wives batty?)

After 6 years of marriage I have accepted that she is not out to get me and she is who she is and will never change. She is aware of her annoying quirks and refuses to change. So there you go... I have learned to take things lightly and not them bother me anymore :)
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 7:58 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I love my SO's mother and sister. Also adore his cousins and aunt and uncle (his mothers brothers family). They are so inviting and really made me feel at home the first time I meet them.

However, I can't stand his father, the father's girlfriend, the girlfriends son (which the only problem with him is that we act more like we are not in the same room) or the son's girlfriend. I got pregnant and they started telling SO that the baby wasn't his and that I got knocked up by some random guy after a night of binge drinking.

My ex-husbands family was the most irritating family ever though. Especially his mother. Oh my hell could she get under my skin!! People irritate us when they don't live their lives the way we live ours, no matter how much we would like to believe that doesn't matter. I feel for you and hope that one day things will change for you, but sorry to say, that's probably never going to happen.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 8:11 PM on May. 31, 2009