• In the Spotlight:

Will the stretching hurt my insicion scar from the C-section I had with my first baby?

My daughter is 10 months old and I am pregnant again... about 8 weeks according to the urine test. I am a little worried about if or how bad my scar is going to hurt from the C-section I just had 10 months ago as my stomach stretches out. It still stings sometimes when I got hot or sweaty and I can't tell if it actually hurts when I push on it or if its just in my head from it hurting for so long but ya... I am pretty nervous about it. So to anyone who had a c-section and then had another baby soon after... is it going to hurt as my stomach grows??? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section with my first and am now almost 36 wks pregnant. No pain and the scar looks the same as always
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 5:20 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It can hurt at times for some.
    Anonymous

• I had 2 c-sections.

Now my first two were 3 1/2 years apart, but these two are only 2 years apart. I have never had any problems with my incision site. And I'm 26 weeks now and flippin enormous. :)

I am not certain since they are so close together. I know they recommend against pregnancies so close together when you have a c-section, so I have no idea if that will be a factor.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:43 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I got pregnant 13 months after my 1st csection and I had no pain or anything at the original scar. If you are in pain and think it may be an issue I would talk to your OB at your next visit. It is probably nothing just the noraml stretching your body goes thru. Good Luck.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 6:21 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I got pregnant 9 months after my c-section. I never had any pain on the scar from my stretching skin and growing belly. Fortunately, I was able to have a vaginal delivery with my 2nd (so much easier! I encourage you to look into a VBAC if you have not considered it!)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:50 PM on May. 31, 2009