Why do we think we are fat?

I am 4'11 and weigh 109# and when I look in the mirror I sometimes think I am fat! But other people tell me that I am tiny! I don't see it! How much weight do you think we add on to ourselves when we look in the mirror?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not sure but I know I hate myself when I look into the mirror. I'm about 15lbs over weight but it could be 100 and I'd hate myself the same. I don't even take into account that I just had a baby a few months ago. I feel like I want to look great, not for just having a baby but great in general. On the other hand my husband is in love w/ my new body, he loves the curves.

HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 5:23 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Because we are women and that's what we do!!
    Anonymous

• Let me tell you, you aren't fat! I used to be 110 lbs but those days are long gone...LOL! I only wish I weighed at the most 140 lbs now! Guess what, that's not the case. I have not weighed myself in a very long time, but that doesn't really matter. My family and my SO love me no matter how much I do or don't weigh and that right now is all that really matters in the long run. I would say we add at least 10 lbs or more to our actual weight when we look in the mirror.
    Anonymous

• Americans are fat. And we are so used to seeing fat people that we don't even recognize a fat person when we see them anymore.
    Anonymous