For those with girls......

Do you spend a ridicilous amount of money on clothes, shoes and hairbows? My DD is 3.5 and it is like I am addicted to buyingher clothes. i am constantly buying her clothes! I buy alot on ebay and at consignment sales but I also buy stuff from Gymboree and it gets $$$$$$$!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, frankly I think that is plain silly. What you are doing is buying clothes for yourself, not the child. You are actually taking away her individuality by doing this. At some point in her life, mom, she will resent you for this. You have to let them grow, let them play.. let them get their clothes dirty, play in dirt. I am guessing that you are trying to make her into a little beauty queen. This is setting a very bad example for her values. She will come to think that she is only valued for her appearance. That is wrong and bad. Sorry. I had to rant, because sometimes, moms don't think of this stuff.

Yes, I can say this. Mine are grown on gone.

Let her be a child.
    Anonymous

• well said  ANON:24

Anonymous

• You know I always felt like my taste was not good enough but yet I could not afford all that name brand stuff even if I wanted to I can not see myself spending all that money on a pair of shoes or whatever for that price you can get something else for more items.

So nicely put anonymous at 4:24 and at 4:31 :)

Even though I understand where the person that asked this question is coming from I want to dress my kids different everytime but sometimes you just can't the kids just grow up so fast before you know it you are buying a whole new wardrobe. Walmart has alot of cute stuff :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:41 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I do let my DD get dirty, actually she loves the dirt. I am so glad that she is diverse and loves to dress up in her cute clothes and bows but she also loves going out and getting filtyh! And I do buy some of my daughter's clothes at Wal-Mart. I guess I figure if I can afford it and she is young and will let me dress her, because one day she isn't going to let me dress her, I might as well dress her cute! And no, i don't want her to be a beauy queen. People are always telling me to put her in pagaents but I won't!
    Anonymous

• LOL I think anon. :24 blew the question WAY out of proportion! I don't have a girl, but I love buying my son clothes!! Yes of course I'm buying them "for myself" but he's only 10 months old so not only will he not remember, I really doubt he's going to resent me for buying him a ton of clothes when he's older? When he is old enough to pick out his own clothes he will be allowed to. Until then he's momma's boy! But at least he's a good lookin' well dressed momma's boy!
    Anonymous

• i buy my dd clothes all the time, but she is growing so fast, i have to get her new stuff every month or so. i don't buy really expensive stuff b/c of how fast she's growing but she does have some cute dresses & stuff but don't wear them too often, she has several pairs of shoes and TONS of hairbows, she loves for me to fix her hair & she's not quite 3 yet
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:34 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i dont buy my daughter excessive clothes, I buy her what she needs. When she loses all her hair bows I buy her more. It is hard to resist the cute clothes they make for little girls but I manage. So to answer your question..No
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 7:08 PM on May. 31, 2009

• If I had a girl, she'd have a ton. I got a stinky boy who hardly wears clothes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2009