Am I working out long enough?

I get to the gym and the people that were there when I got thwere are still there when I leave. Am I doing something wrong? I do 30 min. of cardio and 20-30 min on weight machines!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Sounds like you are doing great atleast you are there doing something good for your body, hey it is better than nothing.
    Maybe these people don't have much of a life and are single and perfer to do this for themselves and have more time on their hands.

Some people work out for 2 hours depends on the person I guess.

Keep up the good work I am so happy to hear this even though I don't know you atleast we are hearing positive things. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I only do like 20 mins of cardio and 20 mins. of weightlifting every day. i am into my 4th week , feeling and seeing results. I think it's an individual decision.As long as you see results, you are probably doing what is right for you.As far as those other people working out longer, it's good that they have that much time and stamina! I sure don't yet!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:30 PM on May. 31, 2009

• hell no woman, you are rocking! i need to get my arse in the gym, so you're like ten steps ahead of most people.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:35 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Are you seeing the results you want? If yes, then you are there long enough ;)
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Dont worry about other people :) Just do what you need to do for your body!
    They may be spending their days working out because they have body issues. dont wanna go home.. stressed out.. working out may be their hobby.. they may be training for something special (marathon).. they say you can get a high off working out.. so maybe they are getting their fix!
    The list can go on! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• LOL Im the weirdo that is at the gym for 2 hrs. It varies. You don't have to stay that long, it depends on what you need to do. If your workout is done, then don't worry about how long everyone else stays.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2009