Do you think it is easier raising 1 or 2 kids?

Hello ladies!!! This question is for moms who have 2 children. I have an almost 3 year old daughter and yes we are TTC child number 2. I was wondering if you actually found it easier having 2 children instead of just one? We really want 2, but there are the stressful days where we think one would be enough. Then I think to myself maybe if she had someone to play with it wouldn't be as bad. Thanks in advance for your answers:)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 5:34 PM on May. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is much easier with only one. ...but dont let that stop you from having another. It may be easier overall to have only one child but having more fun is better with 2.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:36 PM on May. 31, 2009

• depends really. The first alone was no big deal but the problem was entertaining her when the second came they played with each other and fought as well. Added the third into the mix and it wasn't that bad. By the time I had the fifth It was really easy because as the kids got older they wanted to do things for the baby. Sometimes a little too much. Age is a big factor here two. Having 2 under 5 is more difficult than when one is a baby or toddler and one is a little older.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:52 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Financially 1 is better.Having 1,, if something happens in the house..You know who did it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:52 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I think its easier with two. They always have someone to play with and to be with. We have five together. I have two, ages 2 and 6m and my 2yrd loves to sit infront of his 6m sister and make her laugh. He shows her stuff talks to her, sits in my lap and helps me feed her. And she is so in love with him. She is already crawing tryign to catch him when he's on the floor playing. I couldnt imagine just have the one. The older three are awsome too, our oldest is now 16 so we have the built in baby sister :-) And the 13 and 9yrd play together all the time. We move a lot so i'm glad that they have each other. www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:54 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Can I answer this, I have 3 kids but went from 1 to 3 b/c I have twins. I definitely think its easier with one kid. Its hard for a first time mother to have one kid b/c its something new and you have to adjust your lifestyle. For me going from one to three was hard and Im still learning to adjust but it is nice that they have eachother to play with. If you think you can handle 2 kids then go for it.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 6:15 PM on May. 31, 2009

• One is MUCH easier...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i have two kids. my oldest is 3 and my other is 4 months. right now it is hard but i think in the long run it will be easier.
    amberr1220

Answer by amberr1220 at 7:07 PM on May. 31, 2009

• i don t have multiple kids 24/7 but i do have them all together every other weekend. i think haveing 1 is easier but i think a child needs a sibling so they have someone to get in trouble with and someone to share their fears with. i have a younger brother and i couldnt imagin life with out him being around
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:35 PM on May. 31, 2009

• First off you have to remember that ever person and ever family is different.
    For us going from 1 to 2 was a piece of cake. After we brought our son home from the hospital things just ran as smooth as they did before he was born. I think baby #2 was just easier than our first born.
    There are times that both children need my attention at the same time and can be stressful tending to both their needs, going to the store is more of an adventure juggling two of them in the cart, in the parking lot etc... but at the end of the day you get through it. I think a lot of it comes down to attitude.
    There are millions of people that have baby #2, #3 etc...everyday...
    That's not meant to sound rude or ignorant - Honestly.
    Good luck in whatever you decide :)
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 7:46 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Is both an answer? :)

It's easier and harder. At first, we had a newborn and an 18 month old. That was MUCH harder. Now, we have an 8 month old and a 26 month old. I'd say it's about equal to when we had one 18 month old. The older one is more independent, and the 8 month old adores her. They are so sweet together.

You have more alone time with one, because you can hand one to your SO any time. It's easier to get a sitter for one. It's easier to get one to sleep. But, 2 play together, and it's not much more work to cook for 2, etc. So, I think it can equal out.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:21 PM on May. 31, 2009