Going Back to Work Jitters

I am going back to work after not working since Feb 08. My son is 11 months old and I burst into tears at the thought of leaving him with a sitter and at a daycare for 8 hours a day while I work. My husband is an OTR truck driver, so I have no help with finding people to watch my kid and I am just really nervous about leaving him with people, especially after reading everything about 'Baby Kaleb'. What can I do to not get so upset about leaving my son for the 1st time.

wyattsmommy626

Asked by wyattsmommy626 at 5:40 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i cried my first day back to work after having my son. I took his picture with me which helped a little and I took a little bit of his lotion so I can smell him.. That may sound a little creepy but it helped me get through the day.
    Lvincent777

Answer by Lvincent777 at 6:14 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Oh dear , that is tough. I checked out about 100 daycares before I left my daughter . She loved it and after a week she didn't even want to come home! she is 22 now and it seems like yesterday. It's okay to call and check up on him and occasionally I would pop in for surprise visit. Daycare should be open to drop in from parents at ANY time. good luck!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:51 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My aunt works for DCS in my town, so I know that the lady who runs the daycare is good lady and that her daycare has a good reputation. It just bugs me because with Baby Kaleb, they researched and trusted who they left their kid with! I just am so anxious about it. I know that I will be crying tomorrow!
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 8:17 PM on May. 31, 2009