relactation...

i wanted to do relactation and start breast feeding my two month old daughter... now do i just start trying to breast feed her?.... just one day start trying it but still use formula until my milk comes in??.... and how do i get her to latch and stuff???.... i need as much advice as possible? even from already breast feeding moms....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This will tel you what you need to know.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:49 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Wow, I'm impressed. You should be very proud of yourself. I wish that I had done that with my 1st. I did not even know that it was possible back then. If you need any help with anything else, we're all here & if we don't know, we'll help you find out! Good luck Momma!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 6:17 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Just start by getting her to the breast as much as possible. Spend lots of time just laying around with your shirt off, her in only a diaper on your bare chest. Lots of "skin to skin" time will help to get her to take the breast. One thing to try is Finish at the Breast

Call a local La Leche League Leader for free help!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:32 PM on May. 31, 2009

• u dont have to go with out a shirt,best time to nurse her is when she is sleepy, and pump at least 10 minutes even if nothing comes out.grasp ur breast(kind of pinch together to form a cone)til she latches likt a pro
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Get a supplemental nursing system and give her formula in that so she is getting something while nursing. kelly mom is great too. good luck. try joining one of the breastfeeding groups for more advice.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:14 PM on May. 31, 2009