Anyone heard of a baby rolling over at 1 month old?! O_O

My baby Syriah surprisingly rolled over from front to back when she was 1 month old... and rolled right off the couch! O_O I really panicked that day. She was only like, 3 or 4 weeks old. Now she's 2 months old and a pro at it. =) I was wondering if that ever happened to anyone. If not, then this child is a go getter!

bluegirlmommy

Asked by bluegirlmommy at 5:48 PM on May. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter rolled at 2 mo and my twins rolled at 13 days and 15 days. I was in total shock. The twins HAD to be close to each other and would roll to get there.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 5:59 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Aww Valerie, how cuuute lol!
    bluegirlmommy

Answer by bluegirlmommy at 6:04 PM on May. 31, 2009

• My Dh's cousin rolled off the middle of a king size bed at a week old and broke his clavicle. So yes, it is possible.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:18 PM on May. 31, 2009

• It's easy for newborns to roll from front to back because they pick their head up and use the weight of it to lunge them that direction. From back to fron is the tricky one though. It is a good sign that baby can pick up their head though!
    Anonymous

• yes my son did it at a week and its because they are turned by the weight of their heads :o).But my other son went from front to back at about 3-4 weeks, that is not too early its about on target. Now if it was back to front thats a huge deal lol, they dont do that for much longer.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:51 PM on May. 31, 2009